March 8, 2012

Nonfiction Text Features

We've been spending the week learning about text features of nonfiction books. This is coinciding PERFECTLY with writing "All About Books" ala Lucy Calkins.

We made this anchor chart...a great visual for the kiddos.


And today, the students dug deep into their own nonfiction books and looked for the specific features we've been learning this week.

To download, click the picture.


7 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your blog. I just gave you a Top 10 Award. Stop by my blog to get it.

    APril
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so timely. Our Language Arts teachers just asked us to work with our Social Studies students on this very topic. I'm a new follower. Can't wait for more great ideas like this one.

    Joy
    Teaching Living History Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Lovely Blog Award. Check out my blog http://rakiradresources.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/lovely-blog-award/ for details.


    Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for making this available for download. I'll be using it with my first graders in the Library!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great anchor chart! I am your newest follower! Feel free to stop by and visit sometime. :-)

    Jessica
    Confessions of a Primary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Will use it with my 2nd graders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Investigating the a wide range of sorts of advances, from fundamental customer auto advances to business auto money, is imperative for accomplishing terms that bode well for the way the auto will be utilized and also who will utilize it. Getting counsel from a budgetary guide, fund agent, or bookkeeper right now will be additional useful. payday loans san-diego

    ReplyDelete