Check this out!
We reached our goal of 20 minutes!! YAY! I love hearing comments from the kids like "WOW! That did not feel like 20 minutes!" or "I could have read a lot longer!"
We are also focusing a lot on schema this week. We made the following anchor chart...and this is terrible, but I can't for the life of me find the originator of the content of this chart. If it was you, please let me know and I'll give you credit! I just loved the wording!
I taught my students actions to go along with this chart....
"Good readers ACTIVATE (throw your hands in the air) their SCHEMA (put your hands on your head) to understand what they READ (open hands like a book). Our SCHEMA (put your hands on your head) GROWS (use arms to show expanding) and CHANGES (roll arms in a circle)."
I also made this poster that we will use all year. It's at the height where a student can stand under it. Before reading, I have a student stand under the poster and we write the schema they have about the book. AFTER reading, the same student goes up and we can see how their schema grows and changes!
I'm just LOVING the Daily 5 -- it's my favorite part of the day and the kids love it too!
Good work! We started the day with 30 SECONDS, but our second try got us to 7 minutes. And it is only our third day, so I'm not too disappointed! Love your schema charts! That is our next week's goal. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the schema chart!! Great idea :)
ReplyDeleteI love your What is Schema? chart! May I have permission to pin it on Pinterest?
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Marlana
Lil' Country Kindergarten
Love it!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteI began with another curl, another fitting, focuses, condensor, a horn, holds, a tail light, and afterward she kept running, with all electricals working legitimately. Yet, she ran ineffectively; enormous malevolence clamors ground their way from within the motor case. payday loans
ReplyDelete