So remember when Pluto was a planet?? Does anyone feel a bit sad that Pluto got the boot? "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Noodles" just does not sound as catchy as "My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Nine Pickles". Sigh.
The science books that we have now still have Pluto listed as a planet. I do teach about Pluto and that it is now considered a dwarf planet. It's even smaller than Earth's moon!
I'm so excited to start teaching about the sun, moon, stars and planets. I have lots of fun activities planned for this week, so stay tuned! In the meantime, enjoy this freebie poem download to help your students learn the order of the planets!
Click the picture to download!

Thanks! So cute! I have to remind myself all the time that Pluto is NOT a planet...so crazy! Rambling About Reading
ReplyDeleteVery cute!! I always felt bad for Pluto. So little and then kicked out of the planet line-up.
ReplyDeleteI have been working on a planet unit for Multigrade classes 3/4 and 4/5. checkout my blog and I will be watching yours. I have some PowerPoints thatI have created that I can email to you too. Does your school use the Pearson Leveled Science Readers? I have planned some lessons that integrate reading and science together.
ReplyDeleteDeborah
Http://splitmultigradeclassroom.blogspot.com
Thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteReadWriteSing
I would love to download and print this for free, but scribd is not a free website. Am I missing something?
ReplyDeleteScribd says that we have to be a member (not a free membership) to download this song.... Is there any way to put it on Google Docs with a link on this page so we can download it for free? Thanks :) Great SOng!!
ReplyDeletes0 cutee
ReplyDeleteRenegotiating their automobile advance would not just take into account extraordinary funds, now and again as high as $100 every month, additionally enhance their record as a consumer, as the old car advance would appear as forked over all required funds, down to the last cent on their credit report, bringing about better FICO assessment. Payday Loans
ReplyDelete